“I learn a lot from my students – their minds process new learnings faster than mine.” – Soma Singh, India
Science Teacher in Secondary School; Innovation Club and International Activities Leader
Delhi Public School Ghaziabad
Soma Singh was born into a family of educators, so you could say she was born to be a teacher.
“I have a deep interest in learning collaboratively,” says Singh. “Not only through professional development, but by being a part of the learning process with each student.”
Singh’s personal philosophy of constantly striving to explore and provide new opportunities for her students blossomed in 2014, when she became a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert (MIEE). The community and growth it provided to her was, “a major breakthrough.”
And all for the benefit of her students. “I have left no stone unturned to give my students a taste of different pedagogy, multiple intelligence-based lessons, integration of value education in science lessons, innovative science projects, and STEM projects,” she shares with us. “Under my guidance, many of my students have reached the pinnacle of success, both at the national and international level.”
“I have evolved absolutely in sync with the global pedagogical methods,” says Singh. “It is empowering to test the new technological tools for Microsoft while in the beta stage. My participation in E2 in Seattle in April 2015 opened a whole new world of opportunities and global connections for me. The student ambassadors also had a life-changing experience at E2.”
Her students have led many online collaborations, Mystery Skype sessions, Virtual Field trips, and more. “A plethora of possibilities have opened up for them and they are loving it and living it,” says Singh.
You can connect with Soma Singh at her Microsoft Educator Community Profile.
About Soma Singh
- Educational background: M. Sc. Chemistry and Bachelors in Education (B.Ed.)
- Favorite Microsoft product, tool, technology: OneNote, Sway and Classroom
- What is the best advice you have ever received? Learn and introspect every single day.
- Website I check every day: education.microsoft.com, facebook.com, Yammer
- Favorite childhood memory: Games I played in Mango orchards with cousins, and poetry recitations on stage at school.
- Favorite book: Manual of the Warrior of Light by Paulo Coelho