“I have trained over 1000 teachers.” – Simon Kiteme, Kenya
Head of Science Department
Kwa Ngindu Secondary/TSC
It can be easy to take today’s sophisticated classroom technology for granted. But when an internet connection isn’t a given and teachers haven’t yet embraced technology, school leaders must be extra-creative.
For Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert Simon Kiteme, that meant becoming the first East/Central African educator to take — and pass — the Microsoft Certified Educator training. And once he became certified, Kiteme helped his fellow educators learn how to use technology to support student learning and success.
Kiteme continues to broaden his own Professional Learning Network by networking with other MIEEs and by attending events like the E2 Educator Exchange in Budapest, Hungary.
We’re proud of MIEEs like Simon Kiteme, who go the extra mile to raise the level of education in their classrooms, schools and countries.
Learn more from Simon Kiteme through his Microsoft Educator Community Profile.
About Simon Kiteme
• Educational background: Bachelor of Education, Science
• Favorite Microsoft product, tool, technology: OneNote
• What is the best advice you have ever received? Be passionate and self-motivated in whatever you do.
• Website I check every day: Microsoft Educator Community
• Favorite childhood memory: Being a driver.
• Favorite book: The Bible