“I eat technology all day long, and my students are my inspiration.” – Gabriel Godinez, Guatemala
César Gabriel Godinez Rivas
Growing up with a teacher for a mom was the perfect inspiration for Gabriel Godinez. So motivating in fact, Godinez began teaching at the age of 18.
“My favorite class to teach is Computer Science to my six-to-18-year-old students,” says Godinez. “I really enjoy when they apply technology in their daily activities while having fun doing it.”
He recently created a Minecraft: Education Edition learning project titled, “E-Learning Creative Guatemala” by combining his Minecraft knowledge with his teaching experience. The project challenges students of all ages to overcome trials with the application of reading, writing, alphanumeric and space abilities skills. All activities are adapted to each student’s academic level and they are presented in an interactive, attractive and comprehensive manner.
And while Godinez has his challenges like all teachers, he keeps a positive attitude. “I am very happy with my daily activities and I never give up despite lack of resources,” he shares.
About César Gabriel Godinez Rivas
- Educational background: Engineering and Computer Science
- Favorite Microsoft product, tool, technology: Microsoft Office, Visual Studio 2012,15,17
- Website I check every day: www.gabrielgodinezland.com
- Favorite childhood memory: My First PC with Windows 95
- Favorite book: Mr. President (El Señor Presidente), by Miguel Angél Asturias