Windows 8 App of the Week: Dragon Box
Learn Algebra without breaking a sweat. By turning the rules of math into the rules of the game, DragonBox+ teaches Algebra intuitively.
- “The most important thing right now is that we are trying to get the standards in the hands of the population and bridge the gap between teachers and parents so we can start communicating around the standards, and that will take some considerable effort.” – Mick Hewitt, USA
- “I hope one of the things I can contribute to this world is the opportunity for more children to have access to the best education possible by using technology to extend the reach of great teachers, redesign schools in student-centric ways, and bring the joy back into the learning process.” – Heather Staker, USA
- “For me, the new possibilities for my students are the most rewarding. By using ICT, they can work with their peers from other countries.” – Darko Taleski, Macedonia
- 1-to-1 Learning and the Importance of the Right Technology
- Giving Teachers Feedback: “Our Teachers Deserve Better.” – Bill Gates
Partners in Learning Network
Nominate a hero in education to be interviewed for the blog or submit your blog post!
Inspired by a specific project, mentor, peer, innovative learning or teaching idea? You want to share your unique perspective about education?
Submit your suggestions and nomination for interview at email@example.com
Read More: Partners in Learning Network Hot Topics
“I hope one of the things I can contribute to this world is the opportunity for more children to have access to the best education possible by using technology to extend the reach of great teachers, redesign schools in student-centric ways, and bring the joy back into the learning process.” – Heather Staker, USA
“Teachers are becoming masters of interpreting the exact moment when a student understands a piece of knowledge, has gained a skill, or has synthesized information and is ready to move to another level.” – Joanne McEachen, USA
Over the past several years, few ideas have had a more immediate impact on democratizing learning than those of Salman Khan. As many of our readers tell us, Khan Academy, with it’s simple premise, “Learn Almost Anything for Free,” … Continue reading
Change is a constant in education, and truly disruptive change is altering the landscape of education as we know it. Perhaps nowhere is that change more disruptive than in higher education, where the very existence of traditional college campuses … Continue reading