Windows 8 App of the Week: Dragon Box
Learn Algebra without breaking a sweat. By turning the rules of math into the rules of the game, DragonBox+ teaches Algebra intuitively.
- Giving Teachers Feedback: “Our Teachers Deserve Better.” – Bill Gates
- EduTech in K12 Classrooms: What is Working?
- “We often talk about what skills students require to be successful in the 21st century workforce, but what skills does the 21st century educator need to deal with a student who has all of these resources available to them?” – Tracy Immel, USA
- “It’s easy for students to lose motivation and give up. They become convinced that math is too difficult for them. With DragonBox we want to change that and help kids believe in themselves and their own abilities.” – Jean-Baptiste Huynh, Norway
- “Now that I am teaching I also want to inspire other teachers to think further than just their classroom so that we are creating opportunities for our students to be their very best — to be LIFE ready.” – Jamie Ewing, USA
Partners in Learning Network
Nominate a hero in education to be interviewed for the blog or submit your blog post!
Inspired by a specific project, mentor, peer, innovative learning or teaching idea? You want to share your unique perspective about education?
Submit your suggestions and nomination for interview at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: Innovation
If you’ve ever wondered just how important a teacher is, just ask Michael Furdyk. “When I was in grade three, I somehow connected with one of the grade five gifted teachers, Ms. Gee, who saw my passion for technology, took … Continue reading
As manager of the Microsoft School Technology Innovation Center (STIC), a showcase for education technology in Brussels, Jacques Denies sees the best of the best in teaching tools.
Change. In the context of education, it can be a loaded word. Everyone wants it; not everyone knows how to best implement it.